Need help? Contact the 4-H offices M-F 9-4:30pm Ask for Lennis Arriaga 831-759-7353. English and Spanish assistance available. Or, ask about our in-person enrollment assistance offered on Wednesday
Enrollment for 2020-2021
New Youth members: Find your club first! Call, email or visit a club to find the right one for your family. Contact the 4-H offices or look at our "how to join" page for a club list.
For youth that have never been in the 4-H program. Please visit https://california.4honline.com and follow the online steps provided. Once you've fill out all the information, your child will be placed in a "pending" status. Contact your club's enrollment coordinator or Club Leader for more instructions and payment of annual fees. Please do not attend any 4-H functions until you have completed all the steps.
Returning Youth members:
For the 2020-2021 year, all families will enroll themselves into the 4honline system https://california.4honline.com by the club's deadline.
- Go to the 4hOnline link: https://california.4honline.com
- If you’re re-enrolling and/or adding a family member to your 4-H account please use your login information from the previous year (select “I have a profile” and enter your email and password) and proceed to step 5. If you forgot your password please go to step 3.
- Select “I forgot my password” and enter your family email address. (This will send a temporary password to your email.) DO NOT create a new account. It will create delay in re-enrollment & duplicate records.
- Once you have your temporary password go back to 4hOnline and update your password, by selecting “I HAVE A PROFILE”, entering your email address and your temporary password. Update your password and keep for the future.
- Select which family member you want to enroll by clicking edit and then click “Enroll for 2018-2019” and follow the screens by entering all the required enrollment information.
- Follow all instructions until you reach the last page and click submit. Your member will now be in a “pending” status waiting for county approval.
Your club's enrollment coordinator will provide confirmation your child is enrolled. Please make payment directly to your club by the deadline.
New Member Enrollment Process:
- Go to the 4hOnline link: https://california.4honline.com
- Choose “I need to setup a profile” and enter all required information and click “Create login” (If you forgot your password click “I forgot my password” to have a new temporary password sent to you. If you need to switch counties because you have moved, etc., please contact your County 4-H Office where last enrolled to switch the county.)
- Enter your Family Information and click “Continue” (In 4hOnline, Continue means the same as Save.)
- Members in 4HOnline are grouped by Family. To add a youth, under “Add a New Family member” select “Youth” and click “Add Member.”
- Enter the Youth’s Personal Information. Information in Bold is required. All other is optional. Click Continue (For first year members, leave the Years in 4-H as 1)
- Additional Information Screen, read each authorization carefully and mark the check box. The authorization screen sections will be locked for editing after the enrollment has been submitted. Click “Continue.”
- Health Form Screen, complete the information and click “Continue.”
- Participation Screen, select desired Club and click “Add Club” and click “Continue.”
- Under the projects tab, select the Club in which you would like to enroll in and select the project. Click “Add Project.”
- Repeat the above steps to add all of your projects.
- When you have finished adding your projects click “Continue” to save and then click “Submit Enrollment.”
- You will be returned to the Member List screen. The member that you just added will appear in your Member List as “Pending” waiting for county approval. Enroll any additional Youth to the family by following steps 4-8.
- You will receive an email, for each member that you have enrolled, to your Family Email address.
New Adult volunteers - (that have never been enrolled in 4-H)
New Adult volunteers will need to complete a series of steps to enroll. Read carefully
Complete your personal and family profile in 4-H online. Log in to 4hOnline at http://www.ca.4honline.com. Please make sure the email address on your profile is correct and one that you check regularly. Each adult needs an individual email address.
- When you complete and submit your profile, it will show as “Pending.” Once your online profile is “Pending,” you will receive an automated email message with instructions on how to proceed with the online eXtension training. Save this email.
(if you do not receive an email please go to step 3 and create an account at https://campus.extension.org )
- If possible, begin the Live Scan* process prior to beginning the training. For instructions, refer to last page of this document.
- Complete your online training: Follow the directions that were sent in the email to create an account in eXtension https://campus.extension.org.
- Confirm your eXtension account via the emailed notice you will receive.
- Login to eXtension campus and select 4-H & Youth.
- Select the 2020-2021 California New Volunteer Training in the online eXtension system. The Enrollment Key can be located by going to: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=20474.
- Once you have completed all the steps and videos, a notice will be sent to the county office that your application is ready for review.
- Contact your 4-H club enrollment coordinator to make your payment of your state and county 4-H program fees.
- Await approval as a 4-H Volunteer. The County Director reviews and approves 4-H volunteer appointments after all the application requirements and mandatory trainings are completed. (e.g. you are signed up in 4hOnline, your fingerprints have cleared the *live scan screening process, you have completed all of the Volunteer Training required in your county). You will receive an email when your volunteer enrollment is approved.
Returning Adult volunteers (for all adults who are re-enrolling from last year)
For the 2020-2021 year, all adults will enroll themselves into the 4honline system by the club's deadline by visiting california.4honline.com.
- Re-enroll in 4-H online. Log in to 4hOnline 4honline.com to update your profile and enroll for the new program year. Please make sure the email address in the system is correct and one you check regularly. Each adult needs an individual email address.
- When your online profile is “Pending,” you will receive an automated email message from 4hOnline. (if you do not receive an email, just follow the steps below) It will instruct you to begin on the online training by watching a few videos through the computer.
- Go to and create an account in eXtension https://campus.extension.org. Each Adult will need to have their own email address in order to create and receive credit for watching the videos.
- Confirm your eXtension account via the emailed link.
- Login to the eXtension campus.
- Type Returning Volunteers Training in the search bar in the online eXtension system. Select "2020-2021 Returning Volunteers Training". The Enrollment Key can be located by going to: http://ucanr.edu/survey/survey.cfm?surveynumber=20474. Once you have completed the steps and watched the required videos, the county offices will receive notification that you are ready for approval.
- Contact your 4-H club enrollment coordinator to pay your state and county 4-H program fees by the club’s deadline.
- Get approved as a 4-H Volunteer. The County Director reviews and approves 4-H volunteer appointments after all the application requirements and mandatory trainings are completed. (e.g. you are signed up in 4hOnline and you have completed all (if any) of the Volunteer Training required in your county). In most cases, re-enrolling adults do not need to have another Live Scan completed to re-enroll.
Misc. Enrollment Forms:
Modification of Enrollment:
- To add or delete a project from your current enrollment, use the Monterey County 4-H Program Project Update Form
- To enroll in a project that is being offered in a club other than your own, use the Monterey County 4-H Program Inter-Club Project Agreement
- To request a transfer to enroll in a different club within Monterey County, use the Monterey County 4-H Program Request for Club Transfer
- Livestock Project Transfer Form
4-H members may be dually enrolled in FFA and the 4-H program. To provide good communication between the 2 programs, please fill out this form and send to the 4-H offices.
- FFA transfer form 2016
- Please download and read the current MOU between the youth programs 4-H, FFA, Grange Agreement
Please note that these changes are not valid until the forms are recorded at the 4-H Office. No changes to enrollment information will be made without necessary signatures.
The following locations provide fingerprinting services for DOJ: