Each year, Monterey County 4-H Leaders Council awards up to $4,000 in scholarship of up to $1,000 each.
- Must be a Monterey County 4-H Member graduating senior or not yet 19 years of age as of January 1st of the current 4-H program year.
- Must have a 2.0 or above grade point average.
- Must study in his/her chosen field at a college/vocational school of applicant's choice.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of active participation in 4-H and be currently enrolled in 4-H.
- Must have participated in Community Service or Citizenship (4-H, school, community or other).
- May only be awarded the scholarship once.
- Monterey County 4-H Scholarship Application.
- Completed current year's record book - including, but not limited to, 4-H Story and Personal Development Report Summar, complete Project Report Forms, photographs, and all appropriate signatures.
- Two to five pages - typed, double-spaced essay written by applicant (see Application for further details).
- Two (2) letters of recommendations (mandatory to use form attached to Scholarship Application).
- One from a 4-H Leader.
- One from a teacher, counselor, or other person in the community.
- A transcript of high school grades.
- Leadership and Citizenship exhibited both witin the 4-H Program and the community.
- Achievements within 4-H and beyond.
- Level of 4-H participation (project, club, county, region).
- Consistent dedication to activities while maintaining or progressing in personal involvement.
- Ability to formulate a clear answer.
- Attitude (manner) towards questions asked.
- Neatness of appearance. Wear interview-appropriate attire.
- A mandatory, in-person interview to be scheduled. Interviews will be approximately 15 minutes.