Oct 25, 2023 | View All Issues
Dear 4-H Community,
The recently formed 4-H Task Force met on October 5th to take part in an informative presentation and discussion about the future of adult leadership in Monterey County.
There were nine volunteers present on the Zoom guided by the Academic Coordinator from the 4-H State Office, Gemma Miner, and, the Statewide 4-H Director, Lynn Schmitt-McQuitty.
Attached is the Presentation that was provided.
A report to all club leaders who attended the October 17th Community meeting included the following:
- Plans to solicit officers to fill the Executive Committee at the October community meeting
- Nominate Senior Youth to meet bylaw requirements in the future
- Follow current bylaws and follow nominations protocol for the approval process including an Interview by the 4-H Program Representative and 4-H Regional Coordinator later in October
- Complete the Nomination process at the November meeting to meet quorum requirements
- The Task Force will continue to explore other management methods to see what is best for our 4-H Community
The open positions are President, 1st vice president, 2nd vice president, and a Reporter/Historian. While adults have stepped forward, we will keep the opportunity open through the month.
If you or, anyone you know would be interested in serving on the council executive committee, start by filling out this Council officer application link: https://surveys.ucanr.edu/survey.cfm?surveynumber=40721 Download (142KB PDF)