Monterey County Leader's Council high school scholarship 2021-2022
Each year, the Monterey County 4-H Leaders Council may award up to 6 (six) $1,000 scholarships to each qualified applicant who has demonstrated a commitment to one or more county leadership programs.
- Be a currently enrolled Monterey County 4-H Member. Able to provide all requested paperwork, on time.
- Be a high school graduating senior or not yet 19 years of age as of December 31st of the current 4-H program year.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of enrollment in 4-H.
- Ability to provide proof of full-time enrollment to a post-high school educational facility within one (1) year of high school graduation after the scholarship application process and before scholarship award is received.
- Successful completion one of the following leadership opportunities: County All Stars County Teen Ambassadors (no longer available as of 2018-2019) Camp Counselors Youth Council County Council committee chairs Emerald Star
6. Member has made an effort to abide by the 4-H code of conduct and has overcome challenges during all years in the 4-H program.
When are Scholarships Awarded? After verification of full-time enrollment post-high school educational facility is returned to the 4-H Office, the scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient. Scholarship awards will not be held beyond one school year of the award date.
Please contact the 4-H offices if you have questions.